Active COVID-19 cases climb in Dutchess County to over 400 – Daily Freeman
POUGHKEEPSIE, NY — Active cases of COVID-19 have increased in Dutchess County, surpassing 400, the county government dashboard reported Saturday.
The total number of cases in the county since the start of the pandemic in March 2020 exceeded 65,000, rising to 65,008.
Dutchess County Online COVID-19 Dashboard reported 416 cases as of Thursday, April 21, an increase of 57 from the 359 active cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, April 20, and just over 100 from the 315 reported the previous day.
Dutchess County has recorded 656 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
Ulster County did not update its COVID-19 statistics on Saturday. As of Friday, it had 284 cases on Thursday, down 30 cases from the 314 reported for Wednesday April 20.
There were no new deaths, keeping the total since the start of the pandemic at 376.
The county also reported that it had 39,192 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic along with 38,532 recoveries.
Data as of Friday, April 22 from the state Department of Health.
• Ellenville Regional Hospital, 2.
• HealthAlliance Hospitals in Kingston, 7.
• Northern Dutchess Hospital in Rhinebeck, 3.
• Vassar Brothers Medical Center in Poughkeepsie, 9.
• Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, 4.
New York Data online state vaccine tracking.
• Ulster County: with one dose, 81.6%; sets completed, 74.7%; with reminders, 68.7%.
• Dutchess County: with one dose, 77.1%; sets completed, 69.5%; with boosters, 64.4%
Here are the latest reports from COVID cases in area school districts.
• Kingston: One student from Crosby Elementary School, one student and staff member from J. Watson Bailey Middle School, one student and two teachers from Kingston High School and one student from Robert R School. Graves
• Highland: two students from Highland Middle School
• Onteora: a student from Onteora College
• Saugerties: a student from Mount Marion Elementary School
• Wallkill: One student from Ostrander Elementary School and two students from Wallkill High School
• Ellenville: Two students from Ellenville Elementary School and one student from Ellenville High School.
• Ulster BOCES: One student and two staff from Ulster BOCES Special Education and two students from the Career and Technical Education Center.