Active COVID cases fall significantly in Ulster County – Daily Freeman
Active cases fell in Ulster County by almost 1,650 according to statistics reported on the county’s COVID-19 dashboard on Friday.
No new COVID-related deaths have been reported.
In neighboring Dutchess, the number of cases has also dropped significantly, but one new COVID-related death has been reported.
The first of four recently announced vaccination events will take place at the Center for Creative Education, located at 16 Cedar Street in Kingston, on Sunday, January 30, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
In Saugerties, a vaccination site will be set up from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Grant D. Morse Elementary School, 70 Harry Wells Road; 4-6 p.m. at Mount Marion Elementary School, 744 Glasco Turnpike, Mondays. February 7; and 4-6 p.m. at Saugerties Senior High School, 310 Washington Ave. Monday, February 28.
Free test kits
Ulster County will hold two more free home test kit distribution events: at Highland High School, 320 Pancake Hollow Road, Highland, on Monday, January 31, 4-6 p.m., and at Ellenville High School, 28 Maple Ave., Ellenville, Thursday, Feb. 3, 5-7 p.m. Each event will have 2,000 home testing kits available to Ulster County residents, with one kit per car.
Here are the latest local statistics on COVID-19.
• Ulster County: 3,883 reported Friday, down 1,647 from previous day. (The peak was 7,569 on January 15.)
• Dutchess County: 1,340 reported Friday, down 79 from the previous day. (The peak was 8,510 on January 8.)
Data as of Thursday, January 27 of the State Department of Health.
• Ellenville Regional Hospital, 3
• HealthAlliance Hospitals in Kingston, 36
• Northern Dutchess Hospital in Rhinebeck, 24.
• Vassar Brothers Medical Center in Poughkeepsie, 58.
• Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, 46.
History of the pandemic
• Ulster County: 35,049 confirmed cases, 30,811 recoveries, 355 deaths. (No new deaths reported Friday.)
• Dutchess County: 61,028 confirmed cases, 598 deaths. (One new death reported on Friday.)
Data as of Friday, January 28 from New York online state vaccine tracking.
• Ulster County: 72.76% fully immunized, 80.3% with at least one dose of a two-dose schedule, 88.5% of the population aged 18 and over with at least one dose.
• Dutchess County: 67.46% fully immunized, 75.6% with at least one dose of a two-dose schedule, 84.3% of population 18 and older with at least one dose.
Here are the latest reports from COVID cases in area school districts.
• Kingston: a student from Ernest C. Myer School; four students and one teacher at Harry L. Edson School; six students from J. Watson Bailey Middle School; five students from Kingston High School; and seven students from Robert R. Graves School.
• Highland: One student in each of Highland’s elementary, middle and high schools.
• Onteora: a student from Onteora High School; a student at Onteora Middle School; and staff member of Woodstock Elementary School.
• Rondout: a student from Kerhonkson Elementary School; a student from Rondout Valley High School; and a student and staff member from Rondout Valley Junior High School.
• Saugerties: a student from Cahill School; three students from Morse School; two students and a staff member from Riccardi Elementary School; and two students at Saugerties Senior High School.
• Wallkill: two students from John G. Borden Middle School; and a student and teacher at Wallkill Senior High School.
• Ellenville: Two students from Ellenville Elementary School and one student from Ellenville High School.
• Marlboro: Two students from Marlboro Central High School.
• Red Hook: Five students from Red Hook High School.
• Kingston Catholic: A student.
For local online coronavirus-related coverage, go to dailyfreeman.com/tag/coronavirus.